Monday, May 28, 2018

Part 2

After about 24 hours, I stiffly made my way off the plane. I managed to work out some kinks as I made my way to the restroom. Whew. How do I spell relief. Throwing my purse into my backpack carry on, I put it over my shoulders and walked to the luggage carousel. I couldn’t wait to see my aunt.

Aunt Eileen!” I exclaimed, waiving to my aunt who stood the luggage carousel. I hugged her tight.

Ah, Aileen, it’s good to see you,” my Aunt said. Touching my hair, she said, “Look at your hair.”

I know, right?” I said. “I wanted a whole new change”

How was your flight?” Aunt Eileen asked, as they waited for her luggage to come onto the carousel.

Long," I said, as I saw my luggage come by and grabbed it. “My behind hurts,” I continued, “but it feels good to be up and walking,” as we made our way to her car in short term parking.

Once on the road, I turned to my Aunt and started to ask the obvious question, but she interrupted with a smile, “Before you ask, yes, Joe is good.”

I smiled.

2 comments: