Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Part 15

Vince had dressed in a black kilt, black t-shirt and a purple button down shirt which made his eyes look purple. He had been working in the studio for awhile when he looked down at his watch. He was hoping she would come over. Shrugging his shoulders he picked up his pan pipes and started a new melody he had been working on. Playing his pipes always sounded better up on the cat walk at the top of the lighthouse, so he made his way up. The view of the ocean from up there never ceased to amaze him.

Frustrated that he was falling in love and frustrated that he was up on the cat walk because he wanted to see her. Wanted her to come to his simply because he was playing his songs for her. Right now it was the only way to express his feelings. He wasn’t sure if he was ready to say it yet. His past attempts with relationships were angry and hurtful, but all he knew is Aileen was a healing force in his life. Rounding the curve to the side that faced her aunt's ranch, he finally saw her. Excitement was not the word to describe his feelings. Euphoria maybe.

Vince was in the studio waiting. He thought she would be here by now, he had seen her on the trail. It did not take more than ten minutes to get here. With his brows furrowed, he stepped out of his studio and walked to the gate. Vince could hear this horrible caterwauling and hammering.

“Oh my Darling!” The smacking of a hammer. “Oh my Darling!” The smacking of a hammer. “Oh my Darling, Clementine!”

Aileen knew he was behind her. She could hear the crunch of his footsteps on the slightly rocky ground. It was all I could do not to bust up laughing at my perceived humor. I was a legend in my own mind. I tried to paste a look of nonchalance onto my face to mask my best fairy pixey shenanigans.

Vince had got within about three feet of the atrocious noise she was emitting and was giving her the ‘look’. The kind of look that gave fans of old orgasms. With the ‘look’ in place, he planted his feet a little apart and crossed his arms like he was going to chastise her.

“Aileen,” He said in a deep voice.

I swallowed a laugh as I turned around only to lose my breath. His eyes … rivaled those of Elizabeth Taylor. They looked violet. I was speechless for a moment.

He knew she was under his spell.

“Um .. Ah .. Hi Vince,” I said, trying to pretend I didn’t know he was there and trying to hold in my laughter.

He just looked at her.

“I came here to work on the fence some more,” I said, thinking he may have, for a second, believed her.

“You came here just to work on the fence?” He asked unconvinced.

“Ya ...Oh … wait ...you thought I was here for you?” I quipped, as his eyes almost turned black. There was no holding back the knee slapping laughter that blasted out of my mouth, causing me to bend over to catch my breath so I didn't pass out, all the while thinking knees please don't give out. So, never breaking eye contact, I tossed the hammer on the ground, with the sole purpose of letting him off the hook, and walked up to him, chests touching, by virtue of the twins. As my eyes grew soft With un-professed love, I watched his eyes return back to the deep blue violet color that made my heart swoon. When I saw his nose flare as he smelled my vanilla scent, I had a hunch things would be OK.


Vince turned and walked back to the studio, giving her a temporary cold shoulder, letting her stew for a second. Besides he needed to lock up.

“Vince,” I said, as I walked next to him, practically running trying to keep up, “Did you work on anything new today?” I thought maybe he was really mad when he didn’t answer. “I heard the pan pipes. Sounded new. Soft and pretty.”

He opened the door and let her go in first, following behind her. Vince shut the door, turned and put his hands under her arms, and lifted her up onto a stool up against the wall. His hands guided her legs around his hips as his hands caressed her legs and hips. His lips came down on hers hard. He was urgent one moment then soft and loving the next.

My hands made their way across his chest coming to rest on the back of his neck, lightly grabbing handfuls of his hair to keep his lips within kissing distance. Vince continued his assault of my mouth, his tongue dancing with mine. Ecstasy.

1 comment: