Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Part 33




It was early in the morning the next day and Aileen was plastered up against Vince as they stood by his car. The early morning mist making the landscape mystical. Her arms were wrapped around him, holding onto him tight, trying to absorb his warmth. His strength. She reveled in his equally strong embrace.

“I am going to miss you,” she whispered against his lips as she kissed him, her tongue dancing with his.

“Now Lassie,” He said, breaking the kiss, “I’ll never get out of here if you keep that up.”

Aileen smiled up at him. She didn’t want him to go but needed him to go so that she and Fiona could work on the surprise. Taking his face between her hands, she gave him one last lingering kiss and said, “There ya gew. Hopefully that will tide you over.”

He climbed into his car, waved, and drove off.

Aileen grabbed her knapsack, locked up the castle, and went to go get Joe out of the enclosure. “Joe!” she called out, “time to go.” She met him at the gate, having him walk half way through and stop, so she could climb up. His walking was way faster than hers.

“So, Joe, do you think it will be a boy or a girl?” she asked like he was going to respond.

He whinnied.

“If that means twins I will never forgive you Joe,” Aileen chuckled.

At the back door to the ranch house, she slid off Joe and he took off to the stable for second breakfast. She shook her head at Joe. Maybe she should give him a Hobbit name, thinking at least one of them was eating for two or three or four. She shook her head. She loved that horse.

Aileen found her Aunt and Uncle in their usual places in the kitchen.

“Good morning,” she greeted them cheerfully.

“Sweetheart, how are you feeling this morning? Do you still feel up to shopping?” Aunt Eileen asked as she got up to hug me.

“I’m fine. I am really looking forward to going shopping today,” she said as she returned her hug.

“Sit. I made breakfast,” Uncle Scott said as he set a plate of breakfast food in front of her. All her favorites, though she would never be able to finish it in a hundred years.

“Wow. Uncle Scott. It looks and smells wonderful, but I don’t think I can eat all that.” Aileen looked at the plate of biscuits, eggs, and ham. She supposed what she didn't eat, she could get a doggie bag to go.

They chatted as she nibbled.

“So,” Eileen started, “We want to pick up your dress. Then baby shop. What are your ideas for the baby’s room?” She asked as she wrote her list.

Aileen loved her Aunt. She was so organized. She hugged her again and said, “I love you. I don’t know what I would do without you.” Continuing she said, “Since we don’t know if it’s a boy or a girl, though Joe thinks I am having twins, I would think a gender neutral theme would be best. And my fave color is green. And horses. And Winnie The Pooh.”

My aunt exclaimed, “What? Wait. What? Hold on.” She wrote and tried to look at me in question at the same time.

Aileen laughed. “Kidding. I asked Joe if he thought I was having a boy or a girl. He whinnied back. So I just assumed.” She looked at me for another moment, shook her head and finished her list. Aileen took a bite of egg and looked at the wall clock. It was almost ten o’clock. “Aunt Eileen, it is almost ten o’clock. We should probably get going if we are to meet Fiona at eleven.”

“Oh my gosh yes.” She rose from the table and went to grab her purse. With a peck on the cheek for Uncle Scott, the two of them got in the Land rover and were off.

1 comment: